Lauda Jerusalem at the Procession of Palms

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Lauda Jerusalem at the Procession of Palms

Post by Gwyn »

For the past few years we've used Lauda Jerusalem - psalm 147 - (music by Th. Deckers) as a Processional Song for the Solemn Entrance on Palm Sunday. It's simple, lends itself to unaccompanied singing, easily picked up, alto, tenor and bass lines are easily memorised / fabricated !!!

I've never seen this suggested in liturgical planners. Is it frowned upon for some reason? :)
musicus

Re: Lauda Jerusalem at the Procession of Palms

Post by musicus »

Gwyn wrote:I've never seen this suggested in liturgical planners. Is it frowned upon for some reason? :)

I shouldn't think so, Gwyn. More likely, like me, they haven't encountered it. It's probably been staring me in the face for years, but... where can it be found?

M
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

Fairly sure that it's in Hymns Old & New, Musicus. The arrangement there I think is for unison singing with the psalm verses suitable for choir/cantor. I've done an satb version for us to use and it's really effective.
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

Gwyn wrote:Fairly sure that it's in Hymns Old & New

It's 411 in the so-called Liturgical edition - can't see it in the red or blue editions. Can't comment further. Not got full music of this edition, only words.