St Anne's Leeds Midnight Mass

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

nazard
Parish / Diocese: Clifton

St Anne's Leeds Midnight Mass

Post by nazard »

I was very taken with this year's broadcast midnight mass from Leeds: I thought they did very well indeed.

Did anyone recognise the setting of the Responsorial Psalm they used? I felt that the music carried the words well and was tuneful into the bargain, and would like to see if we could cope with it in our parish in the future.
Chris

Re: St Anne's Leeds Midnight Mass

Post by Chris »

The setting of the responsorial psalm was by Philip Duffy, Master of the Music at Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral from 1966-1996. As it was being sung on BBC 1 TV from Leeds, the same psalm setting was also being sung on BBC Radio 4 in the Midnight Mass broadcast from Liverpool!
nazard
Parish / Diocese: Clifton

Post by nazard »

Thanks for that. Is it published or on the net anywhere?
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

The same setting was used when Midnight Mass was broadcast from Arundel Cathedral two to three years back.
Chris

Post by Chris »

nazard wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:09 pm Thanks for that. Is it published or on the net anywhere?
I don't believe so, but if you PM me your e-mail address I can put you in touch with the composer