Sits vac

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

contrabordun

Sits vac

Post by contrabordun »

Well, after 8½ years the time has come for me to stand down from the Halesowen O+C job which will thus be vacant after Easter. Fr Bruce Dutson on 0121 602 1972 would be delighted to hear of or from anybody who might be interested in taking over. Small choir - now around a dozen, rehearsing weekly, always capable of 3, and usually 4 parts. 5 congregational mass settings in rep, sung Psalm & Gospel Acc, Choir motet at Communion, a IIIP/40 Wyvern to play, and Fr Bruce is a musician's dream PP.

More info at http://www.ourladyandstkenelm.org.uk/music.html

I'm leaving (on very friendly terms, there's been no falling out!) to spend more time with the family - we had a little baby when I started there and now, what seems like ten minutes later, that has become children of 9 and 7 and I feel I need to be able to plan weekends around their needs and interests.

If you are in the Birmingham area, and know of anybody who might want to take this on, please encourage them to think about it, or contact me or Fr Bruce. None of the factors that cause problems in musical setups apply here; it's a delightful environment and it would be a shame if it wasn't continued.
Paul Hodgetts
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Re: Sits vac

Post by VML »

'Well done good and faithful servant,' and well done to your wife too, doing all that at your stage of family life. I imagine you will be back at a later stage, and the years will go all too fast.
organist
Parish / Diocese: Westminster cathedral

Post by organist »

Well done family must always come first!
contrabordun

Post by contrabordun »

Thanks VML and organist. Big decision to make but once made it was definitely the right one.
Paul Hodgetts
Hare
Parish / Diocese: Angouleme Diocese, France.

Post by Hare »

It was accepted when our children were that age that I had my job to do and the children sang in my choir......... :?
contrabordun

Post by contrabordun »

I did offer them the opportunity... :P
Paul Hodgetts