Timothy Campbell RIP

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

John Ainslie

Timothy Campbell RIP

Post by John Ainslie »

Of your charity, please pray for the repose of the soul of Timothy Campbell, faithful SSG member, Summer School participant and the Society's representative in the diocese of Brentwood, who died suddenly in hospital last Thursday evening.

There is to be a post-mortem, so details of his funeral will not be known until after this has been completed - but will be publicised here.

Please pray for his parish of Our Lady and St George, Walthamstow, east London, who mourn the loss of their leading musician, and especially for Bruce Pereira, Timothy's long-time friend, who misses him grievously.
mcb
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady's, Lillington

Re: Timothy Campbell RIP

Post by mcb »

Terribly sad news. I remember Tim well from Summer Schools. Prayers for him and for Bruce.

Martin
MaryR

Post by MaryR »

I'm so sorry to hear this tragic news. Tim was a kind generous and gentle man. Summer school regulars will remember that he was always ready and willing to accompany acts in the concert. During the years I organised summer school, he was someone I could depend on to help with whatever was needed. Praying for Bruce, and for Tim's family. Please let us know what the funeral arrangements are, John, if you discover these.
Mary
John Ainslie

Post by John Ainslie »

Tim’s body will be brought into the church of Our Lady and St George, Walthamstow, E17 9HU at 5 pm on Wednesday 8th July and the Requiem Mass will be at 1 pm on Thursday 9th July, followed by burial at Leystonstone Catholic cemetery.

The church is in a built-up area, so car parking may be very difficult. The church is a walk of about a mile from Walthamstow Central station (Victoria line tube) or by W12 bus. Details on the parish website at http://www.olsg.co.uk/contact-us