Nick Gale RIP

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Hare
Parish / Diocese: Angouleme Diocese, France.

Nick Gale RIP

Post by Hare »

Shocked and devastated to learn this morning of the tragic death yesterday of Nick Gale (former DoM at St George's cathedral, Southwark) in an RTA in London. RIP Nick
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Re: Nick Gale RIP

Post by VML »

What a tragic loss, God bless him.
mcb
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady's, Lillington

Post by mcb »

Very sad news. There's a report here.
liturgyprof

Post by liturgyprof »

Should anyone hear when/where Nick's funeral is to be, would you be so kind as to post details here?
Hare

Post by Hare »

liturgyprof wrote:Should anyone hear when/where Nick's funeral is to be, would you be so kind as to post details here?

I understand from a reliable source that the funeral will be at St George's Cathedral towards the end of next week. I will update info when things are finalized
mcb
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady's, Lillington

Post by mcb »

Hare wrote:
liturgyprof wrote:Should anyone hear when/where Nick's funeral is to be, would you be so kind as to post details here?

I understand from a reliable source that the funeral will be at St George's Cathedral towards the end of next week. I will update info when things are finalized

I think the service at St George's (Thursday 26 March, 6 pm) will be a Mass for the repose of Nick's soul rather than the funeral. (The need for a post mortem will mean that the funeral date can't necessarily be fixed yet.) That's what I've heard, and seems to be what's on the St George's Cathedral web site, but Hare's source may well have information that supersedes this.
Hare

Post by Hare »

Nick's funeral will be on Tuesday March 24th at 11am at St George's Cathedral, Southwark. (Information from Nick's sister)
blackthorn fairy
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Wellingborough Northamptonshire

Post by blackthorn fairy »

Thank you Hare, I'm too far away to attend but I will be there in spirit.