Melody Bypass M26

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

oopsorganist

Melody Bypass M26

Post by oopsorganist »

The thing is, apart from being rather dull, I could not hear any of the words of the Psalms because of many voices and an organ accompanying.

Churchy but impermeable.

With humour I noticed that the speakers had more pitch range in their readings and speakings than the choir!

Ah, well.
uh oh!
Southern Comfort

Re: Melody Bypass M26

Post by Southern Comfort »

Is this another in the liturgical tourism series? :)
oopsorganist

Post by oopsorganist »

The Morning Service.
uh oh!
Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort »

Oh, I though you were visiting somewhere near Sevenoaks in Kent (i.e. near the M26). Now I have no idea what your title to the thread actually means.... :(
oopsorganist

Post by oopsorganist »

It's the radio you know.
Well maybe..........perhaps I was dreaming.
I seem to remember being awoken by much chanting of Psalms by the "many nations of the town, and big young choir".
I know I did remark to Mr Oops " That's a melody bypass on the M62". I was half asleep at the time and indeed I did doze off quite a lot during the remainder of the programme.( There was a item described as joyful which was in Latin and in a minor key?) I might have dreamt that.

I think it was Morning Prayer.

Let me just check with him that this did in fact happen. He says it did.
uh oh!
JW

Post by JW »

Glad that no-one is implying that the M26 is less melodious than other motorways. At least it's short (if not sweet)! Is there a suggestion here for music on motorways, perhaps via satnav? Perhaps those leaving Glastonbury last night on the M5 could have been treated to a reprise of Dolly Parton? Take the long way home (M6)? Chris Moyles' Lorry Driver song (M1). There'll be blue birds over the White Cliffs of Dover (M2)? Tom Jones Green Green Grass of Home (M4)? etc.
JW
High Peak
Parish / Diocese: Diocese of Nottingham

Post by High Peak »

M55 to Blackpool - Chris Rea's "Road to hell"
oopsorganist

Post by oopsorganist »

Although Mr Oops did add -after I had turned the computer off - that the motorway quoted in my early morning drifting was in fact - the M62.
I was biffed though. That is a new word.
Those psalms were not decipherable via the radio. A cantor would have been so much better.
And I like a bit of melody with my Sunday morning doze.
It seemed a perverse reverse, all the chanting juxtaposed with upsy downsy speech. Funny old thing that.
uh oh!
alan29

Post by alan29 »

I actually quite enjoyed it. Good to hear children singing so whole-heartedly.