Year of Faith

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

BobHayes
Parish / Diocese: St Mary of the Angels - Diocese of Salford

Re: Year of Faith

Post by BobHayes »

We had a home-based 'retreat' this week in the church and parish hall. The daily format (Monday-Friday) was:

09.00 Adoration, Divine Mercy, Morning Prayer
10.00 Mass - then Adoration throughout the day
12.00 Rosary
18.00 Evening Prayer
19.00 Holy Hour with Adoration and Benediction plus a talk. Monday-Thursday each talk addressed one of the four constitutions the faithful have been asked to study, Friday was devoted to the New Evangelisation.
20.00 Light refreshments in the parish hall

Unfortunately, work commitments had me based two hundred miles away most of the week, but I got back in time for the Friday evening Adoration, Benediction and talk. Fr Ian Kelly (the guest speaker who gave all the talks) was excellent and thought-provoking. I gather the talks and prayer opportunities were well-received and supported by parishioners. It certainly looked a grand project when announced by Fr Simon, so it is great to see that it was supported by the laity. :D
Bob
BobHayes
Parish / Diocese: St Mary of the Angels - Diocese of Salford

Post by BobHayes »

Fr Chris Gorton, parish priest at the Good Shepherd in Colne, Lancashire has organised the production of a Porta Fidei badge. Fr Chris says, 'My hope is that people will wear the badge as a statement of faith and that people will ask them about it and so hear the words "the door of faith is always open" applied to them'. A great idea - and a excellent design - worthy of support.

Badges are available from the Cathedral Centre Bookshop in Salford. A great idea and a great design worthy of support. More information here: http://www.dioceseofsalford.org.uk/dioc ... pel-badges
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob
IncenseTom
Parish / Diocese: Diocese of Leeds

Post by IncenseTom »

Here at St. Anne's in Keighley members of the parish (under the watchful eye of the PP I assume) have produced/ are producing an information leaflet with information on Catholicism for every Sunday during the Year of Faith.
Last week we were also given a small lapel cross which were kindly donated by the Knights of St Columba, one for each Catholic in Bradford and Keighley.
John Ainslie

Post by John Ainslie »

Westminster lectures this Lent:

Celebration of Faith: Sacraments

FAITH MATTERS Lent 2013

THE YEAR OF FAITH: Celebration of Faith: Sacraments. Redeeming Beauty

28th Feb, 7th, 14th & 21st March 2013, 7pm – 8.30pm, Westminster Cathedral Hall, Ambrosden Avenue, SW1P 1QJ.

‘O Worship the Lord in the Beauty of Holiness’: Art and Architecture, Poetry and Music at the Service of the Liturgy by Archbishop George Stack, Diocese of Cardiff
Eucharist: Sacrament of Healing, of Unity and of Life by Rev Dr Andrew Cameron-Mowat SJ, Heythrop College
Reconciliation. Wasted Sacrament or Valued Gift? by Bishop John Arnold, Diocese of Westminster
‘A Treasure of Inestimable Value’ – Music as Liturgy and Prayer by Andrew Carwood, St Paul’s Cathedral

Liturgical choir Schola Cantorum, Heythrop College & students of J.F. Kennedy Catholic School will perform at selected talks.

These are public lectures and all are welcome. There will be an opportunity to discuss the talks with tea and coffee provided. Registration is required at beta.rcdow.org.uk/faith/faith-matters, by email faithmatters@rcdow.org.uk or telephone 020 7931 6078. Suggested donation per lecture is £3.