The good loo guide

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Mithras
Parish / Diocese: St Peter Cardiff

The good loo guide

Post by Mithras »

Since Musicus has locked the potentially helpful thread on comfort stations throughout the Archdiocese of Cardiff, now might be the time to open a new discussion on this topic, one which must surely speak to our most fundamental needs.

Actually St Peter's is blessed with two - one by the Pieta chapel and the other towards the east of the building, just up the corridor and next to St David's chapel. Recommended for pilgrims with little time to spare.

Marks and Spencer, next the the Cathedral, is certainly convenient but access cannot be guaranteed during the Easter Vigil, Midnight Mass and other ceremonies taking place after the sun has set, though late Thursday evening shopping hours might afford limited relief.

Let's run with this one.

Mithras
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Re: The good loo guide

Post by presbyter »

LOL - OK, I'll run with this thread and state that at St Elsewhere's, we have full wheelchair access and loo for the disabled on ground level........ and for the ambulant, there are additional facilities in the undercroft. I hasten to add that the facilities for the disabled include include a pull-cord controlled fan heater, should the ambience feel somewhat arctic. There is no church heating system radiator in this particular loo.
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

PS - we do not yet offer to the faithful, a fashion-conscious glass/ceramic bowl containing British Home Stores/Ikea/Tesco woodland desiccated fruits. nuts and leaves, combined with smelly oils. Such excesses appear to be contained within the facilities of the presbytery itself, reserved for clerical enjoyment - as is the "loo library" of meditative works.
musicus

Post by musicus »

I am delighted, not to say relieved, to see this present thread, standing, as it does, in lieu of the former off-topic discussion.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
mcb
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady's, Lillington

Post by mcb »

Standing, sitting... depends who you are.
JW

Post by JW »

Extremely classy loos 5 mins walk from the Brompton Oratory (or Holy Trinity Brompton depending on your affiliation). The disadvantages are that they're only open in shopping hours and the attendant expects a tip. Anyone of the Londoners here know what I'm talking about?

And while I'm at it, opposite the Oratory House / V&A (whose loos are OK) there's a nice friendly family-run Italian restaurant. Their loos are very basic and you should probably buy a coffee/beer there if taking advantage.
JW
Mithras
Parish / Diocese: St Peter Cardiff

Post by Mithras »

I trust that the concerns expressed in this thread will lead to increased attention being paid to the minutiae of episcopal enthronements.

M