Retired Hymns Old & New?

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Merseysider

Retired Hymns Old & New?

Post by Merseysider »

Has anyone recently ditched Hymns Old and New (Blue) for something bigger and better? If so, may we have your cast-offs?

We'll be trading up later next year but, in the meantime, we seem awfully short of books. Either they're sprouting legs or our congregation is growing – whichever, we certainly don't have enough right now.

Any spares would be very welcome.

Merseysider
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

I'm sure we've got quite a few - the choir/organ/skiffle-band editions too. P.M. me with a contact address.

Just out of sheer noseyness (and possibly jelousy) what bookare you thinking of getting?
sidvicius

No Answer

Post by sidvicius »

by chance I found an anglican church recently that was using the BBC's own "Songs of Praise" hymnal - I guess it should have occurred to me that the TV program would have such a spin-off. Only had a brief flick through it but it seemed a fair collection - maybe Merseysider had a hand in producing it?

Has anyone been anywhere where they found 'unusual' or unexpected hymnals being used? What were they like?
Merseysider

Post by Merseysider »

No, Sid, it was produced long before my time – notice the logo on the cover, it's rather an old one. not at all like to current swirly one. Yes, it is quite a good collection. While it's of little use to a Catholic congregation, it's worth the MD having a copy for some of the more unusual items.