Forum Members singing at Cofton Park

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

dunstan

Forum Members singing at Cofton Park

Post by dunstan »

Just pulling out a thread so we can declare our hands.

I will be at CP on Sat and Sun in the Bass section of the Birmingham AD choir. Not decided what I'll be wearing on Sat, but will wear my Old Stonyhurst tie on Sun (blue and gold diagonal stripes).
It's not a generation gap, it's a taste gap.
contrabordun

Re: Forum Members singing at Cofton Park

Post by contrabordun »

Me too. Having enjoyed hugely the privilege of rehearsing the Halesowen and Stourbridge contingent and got my 15 seconds of face on the telly, I'm now relieved no longer to be pestering people I've known for years to show me their passports and utility bills, or convincing parents that 3am is a perfectly normal time to deliver an 8 year old to a waiting coach and generally looking forward to taking a back seat (but not on the coach, the Juniors were busy bagging those at choir this evening).

The still-nameless Director of Music and the Secretary (will spare her blushes, she can step forward if she wants) deserve medals, and have certainly got their purgatory out of the way earlier than most people.
Paul Hodgetts
Alan
Parish / Diocese: Holy Redeemer Pershore [Birmingham Archdiocese]

Post by Alan »

I'll be there. Like contrabordun, I have enjoyed rehearsing the singers - at Wolverhampton and Worcester in my case. I'm sure we are all looking forward to singing as a full choir of over 2000. While the Director of Music (whoever he or she is) is conducting the parish choirs (most of whom are adults) on one side of the sanctuary, I will be conducting the school choirs (mostly but not exclusively children and young people) on the other side. We will be relying on some whizzy technology to enable us to communicate with each other and with the instrumentalists.

Edit: I forgot to add that, since sartorial details such as ties and coveralls have been mentioned, I shall be sporting my Westminster Cathedral cufflinks. :)
contrabordun

Post by contrabordun »

But good old fashioned waving hands to communicate with the singers, I hope?

Some say that the Director of Music sleeps hanging upside down from an organ loft.
And that he (or she) will be wearing white coveralls and a motorcycling helmet on the day.

All we know is... oh hang on, no we don't.
Paul Hodgetts
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

contrabordun wrote:
And that he (or she) will be wearing white coveralls

a.k.a. Alb perhaps?
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

I myself won't be singing at Cofton Park.
HallamPhil
Parish / Diocese: St Lawrence Diocese of St Petersburg

Post by HallamPhil »

I will be singing somewhere in CP dressed in a blue sleeping bag.
MaryR

Post by MaryR »

HallamPhil wrote:I will be singing somewhere in CP dressed in a blue sleeping bag.

If it's pale blue, you could sneak into the choir!

I'll be there, somewhere in a sea of sops, singing sloppily, I mean sweetly. ;-)
Mary
Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort »

Good luck to all of you, and thanks for all your hard work.

Hope the rain keeps away.
SAUnison
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by SAUnison »

Won't be at Cofton Park but will be watching - I'm sure all will go well. I had the privilege of being part of the 'invisible' choir singing for the Pope inside St Mary's College Chapel yesterday morning. Wonderful experience! Enjoy tomorrow :D
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

SAUnison wrote:I had the privilege of being part of the 'invisible' choir singing for the Pope inside St Mary's College Chapel yesterday morning. Wonderful experience! Enjoy tomorrow :D

And I thought it was a choir of angels :)

Hope all goes well on Sunday!
Another blog
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Post by VML »

We will be with you in prayer at our parish Mass, and will be singing three Newman hymns and the Coventry Sanctus. Where did the fourth verse of 'Lead kindly light' being sung in Hyde Park come from? It's not in any books I have.