Jesus wants me for a sunbeam

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

oopsorganist

Re: Jesus wants me for a sunbeam

Post by oopsorganist »

Wow
on the silentnights website you can TWO nativity sets for the price of one! One contemporary and one traditional! By the looks of the picture - they are life size! Only £89!
uh oh!
Hare
Parish / Diocese: Angouleme Diocese, France.

Post by Hare »

Not fair! :evil:

We have been "Beared" and "Docced" elsewhere for going less off topic than thgis one has! :lol: :lol:
docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by docmattc »

Hare wrote:Not fair! :evil:

We have been "Beared" and "Docced" elsewhere for going less off topic than thgis one has! :lol: :lol:

I'll 'Doc' you now then! If Jesus wants you for a light up nativity set, its a new topic (but does it fit in 'Liturgy Matters'?) :)
Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort »

Mithras wrote:No, seriously, he does; at least I've just found out that it is requested for a funeral on Monday at 10.00am, along with "I heard the voice of Jesus say". Any chance of a copy of both or either from anyone? PDFs will be destroyed, with great pleasure, at precisely 10.55am.

Deus in ajdutorium meum intende

M

So, Mithras, which tune did you decide on for "I heard the voice" in the end? Enquiring minds want to know. :lol:
docmattc

Post by docmattc »

Skillfully brought us back on topic SC, thanks!
Southern Comfort

Well, it was partly my fault that we went off to begin with. <breast-beating off>
musicus

Post by musicus »

musicus wrote:Now that Mithras' original enquiry has been dealt with, I don't see why this light-hearted thread should not meander into the realms of bad/inappropriate/dangerous(?) Catholic art. By all means carry on...

People seem to have forgotten that I sanctioned all this off-topic stuff back on page 1. I don't know; mod 'em and they complain; give them some rope and they mod themselves... (mutter, mutter)
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

Southern Comfort said
<breast-beating off>

That must be a function accessable on the Mac, I can't find it on the PC. :lol:
SAUnison

Post by SAUnison »

Drifting back on to religious objects of questionable taste... the Ship of Fools website has a section called 'Gadgets for God'. How about the knitted Last Supper...
http://www.ship-of-fools.com/gadgets/de ... l/128.html

No - even these couldn't induce me to learn to knit! :D
Southern Comfort

SAUnison wrote:Drifting back on to religious objects of questionable taste... the Ship of Fools website has a section called 'Gadgets for God'. How about the knitted Last Supper...
http://www.ship-of-fools.com/gadgets/de ... l/128.html

No - even these couldn't induce me to learn to knit! :D

More seriously, an increasing number of parishes have a knitted Holy Family and Three Kings that stay in a different house in the parish each night during Advent and then reappear in the church at Christmas/Epiphany as appropriate. Helps to bring preparing for the Nativity alive for the younger members of the Church.
musicus

Post by musicus »

Southern Comfort wrote:More seriously, an increasing number of parishes have a knitted Holy Family and Three Kings...

"Seriously" :lol: :lol: :lol:
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Southern Comfort

Yes, actually. I'm merely reporting what a significant number of parishes in this part of the world are doing, not saying I agree with it. But the numbers are increasing.
organist
Parish / Diocese: Westminster cathedral

Post by organist »

I've often wondered why churches don't project an image of the Nativity scene onto their roof. Would it be very expensive?
Speaking of statues I could not help connecting the sunbeam with the arrow piercing St Teresa. The really awful sculpture, which used to be round a corner in St Peter's Rome, is of Luther being trampled under foot!
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

organist wrote:I've often wondered why churches don't project an image of the Nativity scene onto their roof.
To be viewed by whom?
MaryR

Post by MaryR »

presbyter wrote:
organist wrote:I've often wondered why churches don't project an image of the Nativity scene onto their roof.
To be viewed by whom?

Passing planes, astronauts returning to earth, the man in the moon... the list is endless! ;-)
Mary