SSG Summer School

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

musicus

Post by musicus »

Here's how Andy describes his workshop:

My workshop would be of interest to people who are moderately mobile (or any advance on this!).

Bring clothes you are able to move in without being restricted, and be prepared to remove your socks and shoes. No previous dance experience is necessary, just willingness and open-heartedness.

In this workshop you will learn that you are capable of more than you thought and may get to know yourself better and happen upon some encounters with God and other people on the way!

(from the soon-to-be-despatched Summer School information pack)

Click this link if you would like to know more: Download latest information and a booking form

Musicus
Dot

Post by Dot »

I'm not going to Summer School this year. I could say that I will still be recovering from Archbishop Vincent's sponsored cycle ride across the Archdiocese of Birmingham (in aid of Birmingham Catholic Youth Service), but it's a flimsy excuse. BTW, if any of you wish to sponsor me for the 220 miles, just PM me (cheeky!).

My concern is, that all you guys from the Forum getting together at Summer School will blow your cover and reveal your identities, and then you'll all start posting knowing comments to each other while the rest of the Forum reads on in ignorance. So let's have a full account of this wonderful Summer School after the event. I would also like, on the SSG website: a pic of Presbyter in his ample swimming trunks with Dory swimming around and nipping his toes, and one of mcb getting drunk at the bar (based on image conveyed through avatar), one of TT in national dress, and Musicus without fur (though you may keep your shirt on), and one of benevenio without habit and quill please (again, you may retain your shirt). I'm sure there are others who have said they're attending, but if you're not on this thread I haven't picked you up.

I will be with you in spirit.

Dot
pirate
Parish / Diocese: St Joseph Oakham Rutland

Summer School

Post by pirate »

I'll be there too, but the parrot has to go to a rest home for the week (see another thread).

pirate
musicus

Post by musicus »

Dot wrote:My concern is, that all you guys from the Forum getting together at Summer School will blow your cover and reveal your identities, and then you'll all start posting knowing comments to each other while the rest of the Forum reads on in ignorance.

Absolutely not, on all counts. I would hope that as pastoral liturgists we know something about hospitality - making people feel welcome and at ease. There is no room on this forum for any sort of a clique.

Musicus
Tsume Tsuyu

revelations

Post by Tsume Tsuyu »

I should think it would be difficult to reveal one's identity, unless one goes round challenging people as to whether they are forum members. Mind you, if I turn up in national costume, and ask for soup and gravy for lunch, it'll probably give the game away to anyone whose read the forum! :)

TT
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

musicus wrote:we know something about hospitality - making people feel welcome and at ease.

I love to feel at ease on Summer Schools - so please may I not have the bed that the late Mgr Crichton used to complain about? :oops:
Tsume Tsuyu

Post by Tsume Tsuyu »

Any bed'll do me!!! Oh the bliss of having a room to myself, and of not being someone's wife, mum, sister, daughter for a week! I'd happily sleep on the floor, as long as I have a blanket - something in short supply at last year's Summer School, as those who attended will no doubt remember. Brrr...... :roll:

TT
Tsume Tsuyu

1000!

Post by Tsume Tsuyu »

Off-topic, but did I just post the 1000th article? Do I get a prize?!!!! :P

TT
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

. . . And the prize for the 1000 th post is . . . a blanket and a hot water bottle each bearing the SSG crest.
:P
Merseysider

Post by Merseysider »

Surely Gwyn should have the prize for posting at 5.50am!
Has he been in Mgr Crighton's bed?
Merseysider

Post by Merseysider »

I understand now. We're on Euro time here.
We need to change that or we'll be singing the final hymn before the assembly have had their absolution!
musicus

Post by musicus »

Tsume Tsuyu wrote:I'd happily sleep on the floor, as long as I have a blanket - something in short supply at last year's Summer School, as those who attended will no doubt remember. Brrr......

Be fair: the organising team did knit some more blankets!

Seriously, no shortage of blankets has been reported at New Hall, which is a different venue from last year.

M
Tsume Tsuyu

Post by Tsume Tsuyu »

Nonetheless, I have been knitting squares since last Summer School, just in case! Actually, Musicus is right, after the first chilly night, I sweltered under the plethora of blankets that were distributed!

Merseysider wrote:Has he been in Mgr Crighton's bed?

The mind boggles!!! Good job I've been following this thread! :lol:

TT
pirate
Parish / Diocese: St Joseph Oakham Rutland

virtual Summer School

Post by pirate »

Perhaps there should be a thread during Summer School to keep people who aren't there up to date with what's going on... so if you're having to work that week you can still have 'virtual Summer School' wherever you are...

pirate
ILRush

Re: virtual Summer School

Post by ILRush »

pirate wrote:Perhaps there should be a thread during Summer School to keep people who aren't there up to date with what's going on... so if you're having to work that week you can still have 'virtual Summer School' wherever you are...

Yay! Good idea. But it might be a bit of a give away if there was only one PC/laptop!