Real men don't eat quiche...

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Tsume Tsuyu

Re: Real men don't eat quiche...

Post by Tsume Tsuyu »

Can I just say that Benevenio has eaten my homemade quiche on many occasions! :wink:
TT
contrabordun

Post by contrabordun »

Nick Baty wrote:O Wisest of Bears!

Any relation to the Purest of Creatures?
Paul Hodgetts
JW

Post by JW »

I eat quiche too, Presbyter. What an odd Mail article. In the Catholic Church we men have little to complain about - after all the church was founded by men, is led by men and has a liturgy drawn up by men. Much of the music used (especially that which Rome wants us to use - plainchant & polyphony) is composed by men........... Someone will be suggesting we wear special shirts next as is done at football matches (oh! I forgot, cottas :twisted: )

Women by far make up the greater number of mass-goers and non-priestly ministries - eucharistic ministers, ministry to the sick, teachers, nurses, musicians, counsellors, cleaners, sacristans, etc. etc. etc. I believe Pope John Paul II wanted to enhance the role of women and to further develop the thinking on the role of women in the Church....
JW
SOP
Parish / Diocese: Salford

Post by SOP »

Have just re-read the article and some of the comments it attracted below said article.

Reminded me of one of the men at work who went to church the other week as his son is in the Sea Scouts and it was Sea Sunday etc. He thinks those of us who go to church are all nutters and he just can't think why anyone would actually believe in all this religion nonsense.

He came into work on the Monday and had us laughing with his reaction. He didn't know which denomination the church was but when he said the priest was a woman I told him it definitely wasn't RC. Anyway, the priest upset him by cracking a joke! He was shocked. She had a sense of humour - that isn't supposed to happen in church. But the best bit was his description of a sign of peace. Oh dear, it got the biggest laugh of the day as he went on and on about complete strangers grabbing his hand and how scared he was that someone was going to hug him. Ex Commando, plenty to say on all subjects but that seemed to shut him up in church.

Oh no, I have just remembered him telling us about the pringles and wine.

He liked most of the hymns though! Hurray! We sang one or two to him but one of his male colleagues threatened to walk off if we didn't stop.

All laughing apart, he talked about it all week and by the end of the week it was not in a mocking tone at all.