Blessed are the music makers!

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Tsume Tsuyu

Blessed are the music makers!

Post by Tsume Tsuyu »

I attended a concert this evening of sacred and secular music. It was performed by a local chamber choir, at our church. I wish I could turn back time and 'magic' everyone along to hear them because they were wonderful! They all have beautiful voices that blend perfectly and their singing is sublime. Several times, I was moved to tears. The only thing that almost spoilt it for me was that I could feel envy creeping up on me. I sing, but not terribly well; put me with a bunch of others and I sound passable. Tonight, I was envious of their talent for a bit, until I thought: this is their gift; they've been blessed with wonderful voices so that others can sit back and appreciate their music. I think, perhaps, that any talents I have lie in other areas which aren't quite so artistic but, hopefully, they will be appreciated for what they are.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that with the Forum. Don't get me wrong, I still wish I could sing like them but I'm glad that God has blessed me with good hearing so I can listen and enjoy! Blessed are the music makers!

TT
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

Amen to that.
SOP
Parish / Diocese: Salford

Post by SOP »

Thanks for sharing that TT - I also wish you could transport us all to listen to it.
sidvicius

In Good Voice

Post by sidvicius »

In Prison chapel last night, we all sang Give me Oil in my Lamp and the "Sing Hosannas" nearly set the alarms off. You shoulda heard it - man it wasn't pretty but it was BIG!
Sonoqui

Re: In Good Voice

Post by Sonoqui »

sidvicius wrote:In Prison chapel last night, .......

When do you get out?
sidvicius

Pun time!

Post by sidvicius »

- when I put in, usually!