Hymn choices

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

nazard
Parish / Diocese: Clifton

Post by nazard »

asb wrote:
Not at a morning Mass I hope ......... ?

I have to spend so much time practicing the organ I haven't had the time to learn about times of day yet.
JW

Post by JW »

Thanks for the reminders about Sea Sunday folks - I don't always check the Directory for special Sundays and often miss this sort of thing - mea culpa.

Here goes for this evening:

Entry: O Worship The King
Alleluia (sung, Plainsong) verse (said)
Offertory: Peace Perfect Peace (Mayhew)
Holy Holy, Acclamation, Amen - Celtic Mass
Communion: When I Survey The Wondrous Cross
Exit of Communion to the Sick: O Sacrament Most Holy
Exit: Eternal Father

The same settings are used for the parts of the Ordinary throughout Ordinary time.

Going off topic, I wish I could give more priority to practise the organ - technique is nowhere near what it was in my student days. I'm truly grateful for (some of) the English music of the 18th Century - Stanley, Wesley, Croft etc. for "voluntaries", plus, of course, the excellent books from the Mayhew stable.

Mind you, in student days: they weren't too keen when I tried Messian on them - got a comment about Black & White horror films! They got the Bach Alla Breve in D every week for 6 months when I was learning it - they knew it better than me. Our congregation seem far happier with the simpler fare they get from me nowadays. At least it changes every week.
JW
asb

Post by asb »

Sunday 15th July - 15th Sunday in OT (C)

1) In Christ there is no east or west
2) Will you let me be your servant
3) Ubi Carias - Taize
4) When i needed a neighboour

Sunday 22 July - 16th in OT (C)

1) Lord of all hopefulness
2) Come, Lord Jesus, come
3) Be still and know I am with you
4) Christ be beside me
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Ubi Caritas

Post by Gwyn »

There's a delightful setting of Ubi Caritas composed by Bob Hurd and arranged by Craig Kingsbury. It has yet to find its way into our Liturgy Planner - only a matter of time I'm sure.

It's not at all dfficult, indeed accessible to a unison group or four-part troop. It has a Latin refrain and verses in English.

It's available via OCP / Decani.

I commend it to the house.
docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Re: Ubi Caritas

Post by docmattc »

Gwyn wrote:There's a delightful setting of Ubi Caritas composed by Bob Hurd and arranged by Craig Kingsbury. It has yet to find its way into our Liturgy Planner - only a matter of time I'm sure.

It's not at all dfficult, indeed accessible to a unison group or four-part troop. It has a Latin refrain and verses in English.

It's available via OCP / Decani.

I commend it to the house.

As do I- first came across it at summer school in Whitby last time and took it home with me. Choir love it and I even had a positive comment from a person in the pew :o !
musicus

Re: Ubi Caritas

Post by musicus »

Gwyn wrote:It has yet to find its way into our Liturgy Planner - only a matter of time I'm sure.

It will indeed appear in due season.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog