Taizé on Classic FM

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Nick Baty
Parish / Diocese: Formerly Our Lady Immaculate, Everton, Liverpool

Taizé on Classic FM

Post by Nick Baty »

Removed

[The original poster has removed his posts to this topic - Musicus, moderator]
Last edited by Nick Baty on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crumhorn

Taize on Classic FM

Post by Crumhorn »

Hi, Nick,

I noticed that, too, and found it quite cheering! Do we have a secret weapon for luring the unchurched into Sunday mass...? :D
Crumhorn
(Finding new uses for wonderful old ideas!)
Crumhorn

Taize

Post by Crumhorn »

Hi, Nick,

Apart from the fact that I love Taize (especially when I get the chance to play some scrummy instrumental descants) we find a good practical spot for this kind of music is during the communion procession. The repetitive chant is ideal because people don't need their books to sing it. It also helps in another way. We've now adopted the official line (which Paul Inwood promoted in a recent M & L) and start our music as soon as the priest has taken communion. We finish in time to go up to receive at the end of the queue. A chant that can easily be stopped at almost any convenient moment is handy -- it avoids either overrunning (with the risk that musicians don't get to communion) or under-running by an embarrassing amount (though this is less of a problem -- after all, silence after communion is probably desirable!)

Regards from many at summer school -- and of course from us and from all at Stowmarket.
Crumhorn
(Finding new uses for wonderful old ideas!)