Responsorial Kyries

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

asb

Responsorial Kyries

Post by asb »

Am looking for responsorial Kyries (English or Greek), that are "stand alone" rather than part of a full Mass setting. We know Music For the Mass I 14 and 22, but need a change. Any "downlodable" anywhere?

Any suggestions gratefully received.
docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by docmattc »

The Kyrie from Liam Lawton's 'Mass of the Celtic Saints' is one we use here and works well. It has a really haunting intro if you have a flautist, or a nice breathy flute on the organ. Its part of a Mass setting, but I've never felt the need to stick to a setting other than for the Eucharistic Accs.
Patrick

Responsorial Kyries

Post by Patrick »

My name is Patrick Killeen. I am a full time organist and liturgical composer.
I am based in Cork City, Ireland.
I have only recently joined SSG as a member, and I will be attending the Summer School at Worth Abbey this year.
I am well established as a composer over here and have many mass settings published. I have several responsorial Kyries available if you are interested. If you want to email me your email address, I can reply to you with document attachments (music embedded in text boxes / Finale)
I would be glad to let you have some settings, if you are interested (free!)
Patrick