Exsultet

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

oopsorganist

Exsultet

Post by oopsorganist »

Well here we are again.

Easter looms and we do not know how to sing the Exsultet. It maybe I cannot even spell it!

Is there a place on the web where I can download it onto something (not that I really know how to do this but maybe the kinder can help).

Or somewhere to find (preferably free) download of the plainchant music score/notation which I can then record using the old technology of a finger and a tape and a tape recorder.

I have this morning grabbed someone who agrees to cantor for the Vigil Service. He has the most beautiful voice and has been willing to Cantor but did not want to get in the politics of it all........ he is almost blind and I need to help him to learn the thing securely. Any ideas?
uh oh!
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

Let me know your postal address, Ill send you a CD. Sadly it's me singing on it, but if you can tolerate that then it'll get you through.

(Thinks) Or even e-mail you a wav or mp3 file as an e-mail attachment.

Alternatively, (after a quick Google) if you go to:
http://www.op.org/Domcentral/life/exsultet.htm
and click on Exultet.zip you get a download of it being sung.

Whichever way best suits you.

Gwyn.
Darkest Abergavenny
asb

Post by asb »

I find that Martin Foster's setting works well (in Ressurexit, and available separately from Decani). An added advantage is that, in Ressurexit, there is an antiphon for the Blessing of Water at the Vigil, which uses basically the same tune as one of the Exsultet responses - so it will be familiar to people when it comes around.