SSG Pilgrimage 2006

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

liturgyprof

SSG Pilgrimage 2006

Post by liturgyprof »

As those who receive Music and Liturgy will know there is a Society pilgrimage to the Holy Land being organised for 21st to 29th October 2006.
It is being led by myself and with Martin Foster as Music Director.
A flier was enclosed in M&L.
Further copies can be obtained from Special Pilgrimage (Christian Tours) email: info@special-pilgrimages.co.uk
This note is just to say that booking forms should be sent directly to Special Pilgrimage (Christian Tours) not to me. There is a confusion on their forms.
Those who have already sent booking forms to me, I shall forward them on.
I'm pleased to say that bookings are rolling in, so if you are interested please do book soon. I'd hate anyone to be disappointed.
Best wishes
Fr Allen Morris (Allen.Morris@cbcew.org.uk)
organist
Parish / Diocese: Westminster cathedral

SSG Pilgrimage 2006

Post by organist »

We are saving hard to go on this pilgrimage which we are sure is going to be very special.
It is 34 years since I was in the Holy Land for Easter and I expect to see many changes. I can never forget being beside the sea of Galilee and singing "Dear Lord and Father of mankind"; Easter Day early in the morning at the garden tomb; Maundy Thursday walking in the dark to the garden of Gethsamene; the peaceful beauty of the ruined church at Emmaus. And there were some horrors too - the church at Mount Carmel which was so tacky - illuminated revolving Virgin, tape of "Ave Maria" - you get the picture!
And what a journey I have made since then. In those days I was an Anglican who had played the organ in the Presbyterian church. On Palm Sunday our small group made it's way up back of the Mount Of Olives led by the incomparable Bishop George Appleton to reach the top and look down on a MASSIVE Catholic procession entering the city. Little did I think then that I might one day be a Catholic! :o
The Cardinal has urged us to visit Bethlehem and try to help out fellow Christians in Palestine and Israel.
Don't miss this pilgrimage!