Lent and Easter

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

oopsorganist

Lent and Easter

Post by oopsorganist »

Jolly Holly
Christmas tree still not decorated as second daughter is in Canada with bf and no else is interested. Decorations are in box under tree if anyone would like to come and do this for me.

So, having prepared for the Christmas season and up to the eighth Sunday of the year, what can I do for preparing for Lent and Easter. Bear in mind this is the time that our music all blew up last year losing the choir and the plot.

We have got HON, nearly enough for everyone and also about 60 copies of CFE and I type and print if necessary........ how long will the liturgy planner be in coming? Because we really need to prepare now for Lent and Easter as there are only a few of us.

Also, is there any one out there who also looks at the Liturgy Planner and thinks, uh oh, we don't know that or that or that?

Admin, I think someone has started a thread about Easter already. Sorry. This is a specific request for help from a musician with few resources who had major probs. with Easter last year.
uh oh!
PaulW

Preparing the Liturgy for Sundays and Feastdays

Post by PaulW »

Music and Liturgy for that period is due to go to the printers in the next 7 to 10 days. It is likely to be with you before the end of January, therefore.

(Given that this is a holiday, you might think that the editors would be allowed time off from working; however, this is not the case! No rest for the wicked… More seriously, please don't forget that the editors are all volunteers, and the little honorarium that they get paid in no way is recompense for the number of hours of love and attention that the publication gets. The editors are aware that running late causes problems for forward planning, and they aim to get ahead; but they haven't quite managed it yet!)
Paul
Life is a ball: learn to bounce.
oopsorganist

planning ahead

Post by oopsorganist »

Dear Paul

no criticism intended, only thanks for your help and support!

Without the Planner we would be not be singing and I would be dafter than I am. Good on you and Blessings too.
uh oh!