Christmas greetings

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

musicus

Christmas greetings

Post by musicus »

A Happy and Holy Christmas to one and all.

Thank you for your gifts of wisdom, charity, and humour, so abundantly shared here.

God bless us, every one.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

Et cum spiritu tuo Musicus.

E'en as I type I'm watching a service for Gloucester cathedral. The choir join in singing a song united with the angels - no one's told them this obviously, they look as miserable as sin.

There's Carol Smiley celebrating mass on the other side - she spends the rest of the year encouraging elderly people to take out huge financial loans using their homes as security. Tomorrow morning Graham Kendrik is celebraing Mass in Clifton Cathedral.

Ah well . . .

Nadolig Llawen i chi gyd.
docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by docmattc »

Gwyn wrote:Et cum spiritu tuo Musicus.

I second that!!
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

Gwyn wrote: Tomorrow morning Graham Kendrik is celebraing Mass in Clifton Cathedral.

Errrrr - What? or should I say, "What have I missed?" - having been celebrating Mass myself.
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Clifton

Post by VML »

It was a super Mass, Bishop Declan, celebrant, with Fr Robert Corrigan on excellent form with the homily incorporating a nativity mime/tableau beautifully done; music was what you would expect of Clifton, and included a 5/4 Gloria, a sung refrain during the Creed without shortening the prayer itself, and Coventry Acclamations.

Graham Kendrick's contribution was to sing the first verse of Away in a manger, with solo guitar, and obviously to earn his keep, (and the name drop) he had to sing one of his own later.

Ended with a very sensitive few words to camera from Bishop Declan.
organist
Parish / Diocese: Westminster cathedral

Clifton

Post by organist »

Hear hear VML. I was so glad I had videoed it. And I emailed Richard Jeffrey-Gray to thank him too! I enjoyed the singing from Gloucester - it was a great sound. I had also taped the beginning of the Norwich service and that was pretty dire - celebrities are not a good idea and the modern setting of the Gloria was not at all Christmas.
I had also videoed the Clifton celebration for Advent 1 and that was great. I even liked Graham Kendrick's contribution!!! :)