Preparing the Liturgy - the new SSG Liturgy Planner

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

admin
Site Admin

Re: New SSG Liturgy Planner

Post by admin »

musicus wrote:Folks might like to know that you can now access the SSG's new Preparing the Liturgy via the link on our home page. Big thanks to Paul Wellicome, SSG webmaster, for that. He's posted the first two Sundays of Advent, because the next issue of Music and Liturgy is late. (It's at the printers now.)
Minor correction: this is the way it is going to be from now on, not just for these two weeks of Advent. I'm working with Gwyn, who has admirably kept the planner pages up to date for me for the last 9 months or so (and a huge THANK YOU to him for that), to keep it up to date from now on. What is actually there, though not yet visible, is everything up to Christmas Day Mass.

musicus wrote:I know that all of us involved in preparing this successor to the previous Liturgy Planner would really appreciate your feedback on the new one.
Yes, please do comment - though on a new thread ;-)

Last thing to note: Preparing the Liturgy is the work of more than one person. In fact, four of us did the bulk of this issue, with the introduction to the season provided by a fifth person. Four of those five are posters to this forum… The next issue has a different team working on it. The idea is both to spread the workload and to prevent the publication running in a three-year rut of simply reproducing that which went before in the cycle.
The Management
musicus

Re: New SSG Liturgy Planner

Post by musicus »

admin wrote:Yes, please do comment - though on a new thread ;-)

I have split Admin's message off to this new thread, so please comment here.
You can see Advent 1 and 2 online now and the whole thing in print when the latest issue of Music & Liturgy arrives, probably later this week.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

for the reader

Post by docmattc »

The new liturgy planner is really good. The woman in our parish who trains readers has asked if we can distribute the 'for the reader' bit for the relevant Sunday to our readers? Would this be OK?- I would get the parish to take out a subscription in addition to my personal one.
musicus

Post by musicus »

I will get a definitive answer to your question, doc, and post it here. Meanwhile, my totally personal opinion is that this is just what parish subscriptions are for: to be used!

Thanks for the feedback.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog