Jerry Springer's "The Opera",

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Jerry Springer's "The Opera",

Post by Gwyn »

BBC2 plans to broadcast Jerry Springer's "The Opera", this Saturday evening, 8th January 2005.

This musical, notorious for containing over 8000 expletives, depicts the characters of Our Lord, his Blessed Mother and our Heavenly Father as self-centred sexual deviants who give and receive extreme verbal abuse and a horrific series of blasphemies, all in the name of comedy. The show's artistic director admits that it is a deliberate attack on "good taste", and the BBC concedes that the intended broadcast "pushes back the boundaries of taste and decency". Nevertheless, the show is scheduled to be transmitted without any cuts.

The BBC and I are going to part company soon if they carry on churning out such offensive content.

If you disagree with the BBC's plans to broadcast this material, register your feelings with the BBC.

Email: info@bbc.co.uk
or Tel 08700 100222

Gwyn.
musicus

Re: Jerry Springer's "The Opera",

Post by musicus »

On 22.12.2004, Musicus wrote:This is the place to talk about absolutely anything to do with the SSG's two main concerns: pastoral liturgy and pastoral music. These two very broad areas encompass an awful lot of stuff, so it should be easy to stay on-topic. I'll tell you if you don't!

Gwyn: you are off-topic.

Friends, please allow me to remind you all that this forum is for the discussion of pastoral liturgy and pastoral music, and not for wider issues and opinions, however sincerely held.

Thank you.

Musicus (moderator)