Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse . . .

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse . . .

Post by Gwyn »

Did anyone (else) see ITV's "My Favorite Hymns" this morning? It was on when I got home from Mass, about midday-ish.

The first part was harmless enough - Cliff Richard chatting about his favorite hymns to an interviewer who seemed completely unfamiliar with When I Survey the Wondrous Cross. The second part was an act of worship from an Anglican church. The vicar chappie spoke briefly about the coming of the Magi, then he sidled across to a cheap, nasty leccy keyboard perched between two pews. He started the beat/percussion bit going: "Boom cha. Boom cha" etc,. and everyone sang 'What a friend we have in Jesus' badly as it plunked it's tinny way.

So if you think the RC church has problems with its liturgical music, spare a thought for the jolly ol' C.of E. where the swinging, trend-setting vicars of the 70's have become the embarrassing old buffoons of the new millennium.

Where are the police when you want them?