Easter Blessings!

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Southern Comfort

Easter Blessings!

Post by Southern Comfort »

Hope the Triduum was a blessed time for you all, even if a multitude of things went wrong?were disorganized/chaotic.

You survived, and your communities certainly benefitted from your ministry!

Now relax, and enjoy Eastertide!
High Peak
Parish / Diocese: Diocese of Nottingham

Re: Easter Blessings!

Post by High Peak »

Christ is Risen!

I am SOOOO tired today - there is no option but to relax. I suspect that I have been living off adrenaline the last few days. :lol:

One cockup but otherwise all went very well indeed, with lots of very positive and appreciative comments.
alan29

Post by alan29 »

By the end of Easter Morning my brain had no idea what my fingers were doing.
Hooray for autopilot.
Hare
Parish / Diocese: Angouleme Diocese, France.

Post by Hare »

Although I miss it, I am actually just SO glad that I'm not needed to play anywhere - I really don't think I could cope with the Triduum now after 2 (now 3) years break!
Teresa OS
Parish / Diocese: High Barnet, Westminster Diocese

Post by Teresa OS »

I caught Covid on Wednesday of Holy Week. I asked my daughter Maura to take over from me, leading a 30 strong music/ choir team through the Triduum & Easter Sunday for the first time. Together, they did an amazing job; with 15 people received into the church there were a lot acclamations to navigate at the Easter Vigil. I was able to tune in on livestream (although disappointingly this failed just before the solemn alleluia at the Vigil).
This has taught me that:
1. No one is indispensable as long as there is a good team approach.
2. Rehearsal time and good preparation are vital.
3. Also I am so glad I involved my daughter (from a young age) on my spiritual/liturgical/musical journey ;)
4. In Covid times a plan B is vital :/

God bless you all and may blessings of the Easter season be on us all. Alleluia!
mcb
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady's, Lillington

Post by mcb »

Teresa OS wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:45 am I caught Covid on Wednesday of Holy Week. I asked my daughter Maura to take over from me, leading a 30 strong music/ choir team through the Triduum & Easter Sunday for the first time. Together, they did an amazing job; with 15 people received into the church there were a lot acclamations to navigate at the Easter Vigil. I was able to tune in on livestream (although disappointingly this failed just before the solemn alleluia at the Vigil).
This has taught me that:
1. No one is indispensable as long as there is a good team approach.
2. Rehearsal time and good preparation are vital.
3. Also I am so glad I involved my daughter (from a young age) on my spiritual/liturgical/musical journey ;)
4. In Covid times a plan B is vital :/

God bless you all and may blessings of the Easter season be on us all. Alleluia!
Just caught up with this, Teresa. Congratulations to Maura! Congratulations also on having 15 receptions and (even more amazing) 30 musicians! It all sounds brilliant (apart from you catching Covid, that is. Hope it passed swiftly and painlessly).

The lesson about not being indispensable can be a hard one to accept for some, definitely me included, but it's a valuable one when it's forced upon you.

Same blessings to you!