SSG Summer School 2021

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Julie-AnnG

SSG Summer School 2021

Post by Julie-AnnG »

Only a few days left before this year’s SSG Summer School – and there is still time to book if you haven’t already. In the more than 90 years of the Society, this is our first virtual summer school, via Zoom, and we have taken this opportunity to gather a great line-up of inspiring speakers from far and wide. All the information is on our website: https://www.ssg.org.uk/summer-school-2021/ Do take a look! We would love to see you there!
Southern Comfort

Re: SSG Summer School 2021

Post by Southern Comfort »

Anyone who missed this missed a treat! A number of excellent presentations, and interesting discussions, with times of real prayer, spread across two days and an evening. Hopefully we will be back in person next year!

A special word of thanks is due to the behind-the-scenes folk who organised everything and managed the technology so smoothly!
blackthorn fairy
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Wellingborough Northamptonshire

Post by blackthorn fairy »

I endorse Southern Comfort's comments below. It was excellent - all the more so as it was done under very difficult corcumstances. Thank you!
High Peak
Parish / Diocese: Diocese of Nottingham

Post by High Peak »

I concur! Some really excellent presentations.

The bar was a little disappointing, however. :lol:
Nick Baty
Parish / Diocese: Formerly Our Lady Immaculate, Everton, Liverpool

Post by Nick Baty »

High Peak wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:39 pmThe bar was a little disappointing, however. :lol:
Couldn't disagree more. I found it so good that I struggled slightly on the Friday! :)