The Government's Guidelines for Public Worship

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

keitha

The Government's Guidelines for Public Worship

Post by keitha »

Here are the Guidelines that came out this morning. It's fun spotting the differences between these and the guidelines issued by the Bishops Conference last week. In passing, I think that they mean cleaning those parts of a church organ that the virus can land on! Now for the actual legislation....when it is eventually published!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith Ainsworth
Southern Comfort

Re: The Government's Guidelines for Public Worship

Post by Southern Comfort »

keitha wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:49 amI think that they mean cleaning those parts of a church organ that the virus can land on!
The virus can certainly land on parts of the organ that may not be easily accessible, including windchests and pipework. Whether a viral particle falling down inside a pipe could then be blown out again the next time that note was played and so eventually land somewhere else is a question that I suspect will never be answered!

In the meantime, I think what they actually mean are organ consoles, especially those that may be used by more than one player.