New Bishop of Northampton

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

blackthorn fairy
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Wellingborough Northamptonshire

New Bishop of Northampton

Post by blackthorn fairy »

I sang yesterday (19th March St Joseph's day) at the consecration and installation of the new bishop behind closed doors - it went well considering the circumstances but felt very odd. At one point I looked over the gallery and counted about 20 in the (authorised) congregation - all well spaced. A good choir of 8 local singers and the Oscott Schola (about 14) sang well. The programme was necessarily somewhat reduced at Communion - for obvious reasons (which was a shame, but inevitable). Apparently it was livestreamed, so plenty should have been able to see it.
Southern Comfort

Re: New Bishop of Northampton

Post by Southern Comfort »

Watched the whole thing live. The camera operator hadn't a clue.... and the sound quality was very variable. The feed froze at one point, but I managed to unfreeze it.

But it was really nice to see David Oakley, a lovely man, being ordained as Northampton's chief shepherd. Following on from +Peter Doyle, you are one lucky diocese! I had watched the press conference in the cathedral when his appointment was announced, and knew then that you were in for a treat!
blackthorn fairy
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Wellingborough Northamptonshire

Re: New Bishop of Northampton

Post by blackthorn fairy »

Yes - I'm looking forward to meeting him properly in due course. Didn't see anyone filming, though a photoragher was wandering around and came up to the gallery at one point. +Peter will be much missed.