New facebook Group

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Southern Comfort

Re: New facebook Group

Post by Southern Comfort »

Hare wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:12 am Apologies for resurrecting an old topic. I know several members of this forum belong to the Facebook group mentioned.... I actually set up the group, but I wanted to let members know that I now no longer have Facebook access, following a very nasty hacking, so the group admin is now solely and safely in the hands of other admin. Thank you for the support and encouragement I received since 2019. Andrew.
Very sorry to hear about the hacking, and very sorry to lose your presence on the FB group. Is your other FB presence (English organist in France) also defunct?
Nick Baty
Parish / Diocese: Formerly Our Lady Immaculate, Everton, Liverpool

Post by Nick Baty »

organist wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:42 pm One person joined SSG as a result of the Facebook group. Maybe SSG needs a larger :D Facebook presence?
Facebook groups are only visible to those registered with Facebook. Any organisation seeking to be better known needs to have more than one online presence. So, as well as boards like this, Facebook, X (Twitter), Snapchat etc.
Hare
Parish / Diocese: Angouleme Diocese, France.

Post by Hare »

Southern Comfort wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:10 pm
Hare wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:12 am Apologies for resurrecting an old topic. I know several members of this forum belong to the Facebook group mentioned.... I actually set up the group, but I wanted to let members know that I now no longer have Facebook access, following a very nasty hacking, so the group admin is now solely and safely in the hands of other admin. Thank you for the support and encouragement I received since 2019. Andrew.
Very sorry to hear about the hacking, and very sorry to lose your presence on the FB group. Is your other FB presence (English organist in France) also defunct?
My other pages are still there but totally under control of the hacker - a Vietnamese Bitcoin trader. Facebook have merely "noted my report to help improve their service". I am hoping that, when my Facebook account deletes on 6 September, it will take the rogue pages with it.