This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at http://www.ssg.org.uk. Please read it and become familiar with it. Users abusing these rules will be warned, and persistent offence will lead to exclusion.
- Please post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing other users will not be tolerated.
- Remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Please respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.
- Please respect the bandwidth of other users and sites.
- Please post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". Do not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly, do not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts.
- Please use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering services (charged and free) etc.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image. Images of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KB in size.
- Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, etc.
- Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-SSG material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.
- You can upload your own, or link to external ones. They should be no bigger than 80 pixels square and less than 7KB.
- Same rules of taste and decency apply to these as to the rest of the forum.
- SSG operates a three strike policy. Three strikes and you're out!
- If you feel you have been unfairly warned, you are welcome to contact me (email@example.com).
If I feel you were treated badly, I will sort things out.
If you feel my decision is also unfair, tough. My decision is final!
- Permanent bans are a last resort and considered thought is given before implementing them.