Gill Ness-Collins RIP

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

MaryR

Gill Ness-Collins RIP

Post by MaryR »

Many members of the Society will know Gill who was the SSG Diocesan Representative for Arundel and Brighton and acted as Diocesan Representative Coordinator for many years.

Sadly, Gill died on 8 July following a period of illness. Gill worked tirelessly to promote the aims of the Society and was actively involved in matters liturgical in her Diocese. She was a regular at Summer School, notably befriending and supporting new participants. She will be much missed by her SSG friends.

Gill's funeral arrangements:

Reception into Christ the King, Steyning at 5 pm on 21 July
Requiem Mass at St Andrew’s and St Cuthman’s Anglican Church in Steyning at 1 pm on 22 July

The family would like an idea of numbers so please PM me if you are thinking of attending.

May she rest in peace.
Mary
Crumhorn

Re: Gill Ness-Collins RIP

Post by Crumhorn »

Thanks for posting this here, Mary. We'd emphasise that all SSG members are welcome - please bring yourselves, your voices and a good appetite!

Allan & Rosemary
Crumhorn
(Finding new uses for wonderful old ideas!)
organist
Parish / Diocese: Westminster cathedral

Post by organist »

What a dreadful shock! I will do my best to attend on the Friday but Liz goes to Lourdes on that day. John
blackthorn fairy
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Wellingborough Northamptonshire

Post by blackthorn fairy »

I was one of the ones she befriended at my first Summer School all those years ago. Well done thou good and faithful servant. I will be with you in spirit.
Crumhorn

Post by Crumhorn »

Just a note to say that I've now created a memorial page to Gill at http://millhousemedia.co.uk/gill-ness-collins/.

For the moment I've added a downloadable version of the service sheet for her funeral (on 22 July in Steyning) and another downloadable of her friend Betty Bishop's eulogy. Below that there's a section where you can add your own comments, stories and memories of Gill - and please do. We'd love to hear from other SSG members.
Crumhorn
organist
Parish / Diocese: Westminster cathedral

Post by organist »

I have been meaning to post and thank you crumhorn for a beautiful liturgy entirely right for dear Gill and an excellent lunch afterwards! So glad to be asked to sing. :D
Crumhorn

Post by Crumhorn »

Thank you for doing so! We did work hard on it and were so grateful for all the generous help we received, including yours. Catherine Christmas was an enormous help, both with the model service sheet and, of course, with the music, but it was wonderful to see how SSG members and the Diocesan Choir rallied round to make it such a special day.
Crumhorn