First Reconciliation and First Eucharist Programmes

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Benevenio

First Reconciliation and First Eucharist Programmes

Post by Benevenio »

We've been using a particular "scheme of work" for preparation of the children for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist, and there've been mutterings from various quarters about how good it is, or isn't.

So, help!

What does your parish/diocese (or school) use?
...and is it any good?
Benevenio.
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

Doesn't your diocese recommend a specific scheme of work from the institute in Kingstanding/Old Oscott?????? I am so out of date on this but now I have a school to look after pastorally once more, I think I had better find out :roll:

But tell me - what qualifications do those who inspect school liturgy have in liturgy?
musicus

Post by musicus »

presbyter wrote:Doesn't your diocese recommend a specific scheme of work from the institute in Kingstanding/Old Oscott??????

LOL! Many years ago, when my wife was running the FHC programme in our parish, she had occasion to phone the said Institute about something or other. When she mentioned in the course of the conversation that the parish had recently changed to a different FHC scheme, she was told in no uncertain terms that the Institute ought to have been consulted. "Why?", she asked, incredulously.

Quite right too!

M
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Re: First Reconciliation and First Eucharist Programmes

Post by presbyter »

Benevenio wrote:there've been mutterings from various quarters about how good it is, or isn't.

So is this the diocesan recommended scheme or not? :wink:
Benevenio

Post by Benevenio »

I doubt it - but I don't know what the diocese recommends... hey! I'm just a musician, asking the question for "a friend"!
Benevenio.