Counselling needed.

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

oopsorganist

Re: Counselling needed.

Post by oopsorganist »

It has always been the case that it is useful to shop around on various diocesan websites.... Salford can be useful - in the past there were music choices published..... and another Northern one, might be Lancaster? is there such a diocese?

Not all dioceseseseseses link to SSG. That would be useful and Universal. Just needs an electronic link and bingo bongo we could all be in the loop together.

Anyway, today I toured Liturgically and found a marvellous sung Mass - the Eucharistic Prayer and other parts sung beautifully with a spontenous teaching and singing of the Blessing after the rite of Baptism - really good. Just spoiled really, by the addition of the Clapping Gloria - and the American Mass Holy Holy and Lamb of God, which jarred, really jarred. So I can only give the music 6/10.

So therefore it is widely acceptable for odd socks to be used in this area. Sigh.
uh oh!
blackthorn fairy
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Wellingborough Northamptonshire

Post by blackthorn fairy »

The Clapping Gloria? What planet are they living on???
oopsorganist

Post by oopsorganist »

Maybe this planet:
https://youtu.be/L8eiGbbfTQc

If that link works.
one of my favourite songs
uh oh!