Music and Liturgy.

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

MARYFA
Parish / Diocese: DIOCESE of LEEDS

Music and Liturgy.

Post by MARYFA »

I was very surprised to see in the February 2015 issue of ' Music and Liturgy' that the disgraced former
s
Bishop of Arundel and Brighton was still listed as one of the Principal Patrons of the Society.
Dom Perignon
Parish / Diocese: SSG Moderator

Re: Music and Liturgy.

Post by Dom Perignon »

I understand that he will not be appearing as such in the next edition.
Forum Moderator
dmu3tem

Post by dmu3tem »

However I thought Paul Inwood's review and summary of the history behind the new Gelineau Psalter translation was excellent.

Thomas
T.E.Muir
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Post by VML »

Agreed, Thomas.
PhloridaPhil
Parish / Diocese: St Lawrence, Diocese of St Petersburg

Post by PhloridaPhil »

I have only just seen Maryfa's original posting. I hope we can avoid remembering Kieran Conry as a 'disgraced' bishop. In my limited exposure to him he was most impressive and liturgically very sensitive to the intentions of Vatican 2 and I have every reason to believe he gave many years of himself to his chosen vocation.

Perhaps during the Triduum which remains we might focus less on throwing stones from an affected position of self-righteousness, and approach the cross as sinners which we all are. Through the cross comes the promise of resurrection for us all, including for Kieran, those who are really hurt by his actions and for the Diocese and its new bishop.

As last year I approached the Triduum with the knowledge that my Cathedral/Diocesan role would become redundant by Easter Monday I know the power of these days in my own life. Our attitudes towards the perpetrators, or our own indisgressions which we also hang on the cross, do not change overnight but Triduum provides an opportunity from which transformation can be positively energised.