Living Advent Calendar

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

blackthorn fairy
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Wellingborough Northamptonshire

Living Advent Calendar

Post by blackthorn fairy »

Wllingborough Living Advent Calendar - 'Every evening from 1st to 24th December, somewhere in the town A DOOR OPENS! Beyond the door will be 15 minutes of entertainment + special treats'. All in aid of local charities - organised by the Wellingborough Rotary Club with Town Team Partnership (local council) and various local businesses in sponsorship.
Who knows what it might be? It could be singing, it could be dancing, it could be a conjuror - it could be anything. Some of the venues are churches - many are not (leisure centre, museum, theatre, Tesco, shopping centre etc). I'm off in a few minutes to today's venue - I wonder what I shall find??
Hope I'm not too wildly off-topic (music and liturgy) but there has been carol singing involved!
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Re: Living Advent Calendar

Post by VML »

That sounds a whole lot better than the advert calendars everywhere else.
oopsorganist

Post by oopsorganist »

Ooh offtopic
Well I once bought a fairtrade Advent Calendar for nursery and was well pleased with the Advent Advert only to be vexed mightily when one of the Travelling Twins climbed up the wall and nicked the chocolates......

............ he did turn out well though, I was so proud of him in his later years at school......

.... and to conclude, coming to mind after all these years I quote him aged 5 "Get on with the F...ing story or I'll ram your glasses F...ing in your face". He did like stories very much.

Not enough proper Advent Adverts around really are there? Have a nice evening Blackthorn.
uh oh!
oopsorganist

Post by oopsorganist »

and only today,

Baby Jesus was found rammed up Joseph's rear and had to be prised out with a knife from the kitchen.

We were wondering where He had gone!
uh oh!