A new direction in Liturgy?

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

keitha

A new direction in Liturgy?

Post by keitha »

Cardinal Antonio Cañizares Llovera, prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments has been appointed as the Archbishop of Valencia. The new prefect has not yet been named, but when he is it will give us a better idea of where liturgy is going under Pope Francis. I will avoid speculation save to say that at 73, I would imagine that Archbishop Piero Marini, the previous Papal MC, will be too old to be appointed (but he is around 4 years younger than the Pope, so who knows!).
Keith Ainsworth
musicus

Re: A new direction in Liturgy?

Post by musicus »

Indeed he has - and not to the more important archdiocese of Madrid either.

This is significant in several ways, not least because heads of Roman Congregations have not hitherto expected to "go home" but rather to retire to some sinecure or other in Rome. In other words, a senior Roman appointment for life is now by no means a certainty. That should give a few ambitious types pause for thought.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Dom Perignon
Parish / Diocese: SSG Moderator

Post by Dom Perignon »

Why would any self-respecting louse want an appointment in Rome? :lol:
Forum Moderator
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Post by VML »

:lol: :lol:
Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort »

The rumour mill says that one reason why a new prefect has not been appointed to the Congregation could be because it will soon be merged with another Congregation that already has a prefect, thus giving that Congregation two archbishop secretaries (i.e. +Arthur Roche for the liturgy side). You heard it here first.

On the other hand Piero Marini would be wonderful if appointed.

Another more pessimistic view says that nothing much will change until other personnel working in CDWDS have been removed from their positions. And of course Vox Clara disbanded too.
musicus

Post by musicus »

Dom Perignon wrote:Why would any self-respecting louse want an appointment in Rome? :lol:

Now corrected! (However, I may have been right the first time...)
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Dom Perignon
Parish / Diocese: SSG Moderator

Post by Dom Perignon »

Spoilsport! :lol:
Forum Moderator