Beatification

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Beatification

Post by Gwyn »

I watched the Beatification Liturgy on the Sky Arts channel. The liturgy was almost entirely without interuption or unneccessary commentary.

I though that The Holy Father looked very, VERY tired.
The choir was less robust that I've been use to hearing from St P.'s; very nice indeed.

Historically I've watched major ceremonies from St P.'s on EWTN, but their unrelenting commentary deters me.
Southern Comfort

Re: Beatification

Post by Southern Comfort »

Time Warp Alert! John XXIII was beatified in 2000, JP II in 2011.
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

Oops!
:oops:

How does Canonisation sound to you?
:lol:

Maybe our glorious moderator will rectify at his leisure.
HallamPhil
Parish / Diocese: St Lawrence Diocese of St Petersburg

Post by HallamPhil »

Non sum moderator sed much better, me thinks!

I didn't notice any tiredness on the part of PF.
I watched it in the comfort of Sheffield Odeon with my 3D glasses firmly in place. It made me feel quite modern though I'm told I looked daft!
The one musical aspect that began to annoy me was the alternatim approach to bits like the Credo. The assembly sang what you'd recognise as Credo III but the choir responded with quasi operatic yawns which completely unbalanced the choir-assembly interplay. I did think the choir was better than I'd heard there before and the organist was more like a liturgical organist.

All rather good I thought for the cost of a pair of 3D specs ... and now that I am 'unemployed of Hallam' I was able to seize the opportunity.
Carpe diem!
alan29

Post by alan29 »

I watched up as far as the first bit of the Gloria - which had me running for cover and screaming for mercy.