Print Reproduction

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Print Reproduction

Post by Gwyn »

Our parish Risograph contract is due to expire soon. Risographs are excellent when it comes to cheap, high volume printing of reasonable quality. It's capable of printing on paper up to the size of A3 and can also print B4 jis size which seems to be a standard size for folded liturgical and other sheet music.

What do other parishes and organisations use? Are there any other recommendations? Black 'n' white or greyscale suits us fine, we don't particularly require colour. The capacity to print on a variety of paper sizes is a must.

Thanks everyone.

Gwyn.
Gwyn

Re: Print Reproduction

Post by Gwyn »

Ah well!
JW

Post by JW »

We spent out thousands a couple of years ago on a new all-singing all-dancing copier thing. It's very easy to use and relatively reliable. As far as I understand it, it can also sort out, print and staple our monthly parish rag. No complaints, but it's not really the solution you are looking for, I think.
JW
musicus

Post by musicus »

It seems to me, Gwyn, that you need another Risograph! It may not be as advanced as a modern photocopier, but it could be more flexible, especially with regard to page sizes.

I have used both technologies, and it's horses for courses. Either way, I would always go for a leasing arrangement rather than outright purchase, if it is available.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Gwyn

Post by Gwyn »

Thanks for your reponses folks. It's useful to bounce ideas and experiences around. I'm sold on another risograph, the p.p. however is keen on a colour photocopier.

I suspect that realistically it'll come down to cost.

Thanks again.

Gwyn.
FrGareth
Parish / Diocese: Sion Community for Evangelism (Brentwood)

Post by FrGareth »

Does your parish use Churchmarketplace? They had a special rate with Toshiba last time I checked.
><>
Revd Gareth Leyshon - Priest of the Archdiocese of Cardiff (views are my own)
Personal website: http://www.garethleyshon.info
Blog: http://catholicpreacher.wordpress.com/