St John Bosco

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

JW

Re: St John Bosco

Post by JW »

Perhaps we should open a book on who'll be next to tour: perhaps St Cecilia for us muscians - can't resist the temptation to ask if she comes with her own organ?

Or perhaps St Ursula and her 11000 virgin companions - logistics could be an issue here.

Or perhaps St Philomena - she of the multiplying bone dust?

Or who better than St Christopher, the patron saint of travellers (even if Paul VI did remove his feast day)?
JW
BobHayes
Parish / Diocese: St Mary of the Angels - Diocese of Salford

Post by BobHayes »

Peter Jones wrote:Bishop Williams and the Salesians are being criticised for dancing in Liverpool.......... but there doesn't appear to be rotational movement in the reliquary.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/01/liturgical-dance-not-dead-yet.html

No wonder Abp Kelly has asked for his cards! :shock:
Bob
JW

Post by JW »

BobHayes wrote:
Peter Jones wrote:Bishop Williams and the Salesians are being criticised for dancing in Liverpool.......... but there doesn't appear to be rotational movement in the reliquary.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/01/liturgical-dance-not-dead-yet.html

No wonder Abp Kelly has asked for his cards! :shock:

To be fair, the quotation above from Peter Jones is a tad misleading. I've checked the video and nowhere can I see Bishop Williams dancing. It might be worth having a debate about dance in the Liturgy - I wonder if that was Peter's original intention? See new thread.
JW
organist
Parish / Diocese: Westminster cathedral

Post by organist »

I was interested to see the booklet accompanying this tour of relics. An unknown Mass setting and lots of Graham Kendrick with traditional hymns - a very odd mixture indeed! :D I am told that at the last liturgy in Southwark cathedral there was a powercut and piano had to be used.