One World Week - singers needed

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Tsume Tsuyu

One World Week - singers needed

Post by Tsume Tsuyu »

Bill Tamblyn is directing the music for the Daily Service from BBC Radio 4 during One World Week in October and has asked me to make a request for singers on his behalf. The broadcasts will be from the Manchester area and Bill will arrange accommodation for those interested but final numbers are urgently needed.

It will involve:

 All day rehearsal on Sunday, 17th October
 Morning Service Broadcast, Monday 18th October (probably also recording the service for Thursday 21st)
 Morning Service Broadcast, Tuesday 19th October (probably also recording the service for Friday 22nd)
 Morning Service Broadcast on Wednesday 20th October

Can those who expressed an interest at Summer School, please confirm or otherwise. If anyone else is interested in taking part, Bill can be contacted by e-mail: Bill.tamblyn@aspects.net.
Vox Americana

Post by Vox Americana »

A long way to fly from here, but I'll add you all to my prayers that week.
SOP
Parish / Diocese: Salford

Post by SOP »

Any comments on the music?

Thanks to MCB for providing midi files - have only just been into email and downloaded them. Next step is to actually listen to 'em!
mcb
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady's, Lillington

Post by mcb »

You're welcome! If anyone else is taking part in the great adventure and could make use of the midi files I'll be happy to send them.

M.
Tsume Tsuyu

Post by Tsume Tsuyu »

SOP wrote:Any comments on the music?

Well, now I've got my head round it (having taken advantage of mcb's midi-files), I really love most of the music.

The one I'm struggling with is Sitholile Inkululeko (We've Got Freedom). I have no idea where I'm going with that one, but I'm sure all will be revealed, once we start rehearsing!
TT
SOP
Parish / Diocese: Salford

Post by SOP »

I like the choice of music and have done some of it before. Looking forward to it - it seemed such a long way off but is actually next Sunday onwards! Gulp.
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Post by VML »

I hope to hear at least some of these. Don't forget the Radio4 listen again facility, which I shall be using.
mcb
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady's, Lillington

Post by mcb »

VML wrote:I hope to hear at least some of these. Don't forget the Radio4 listen again facility, which I shall be using.

I'm afraid they don't usually include the music from the Daily Service in the archived programmes on the Radio 4 web site. "For contractual reasons" it says somewhere.

So catch it live if you can! Rehearsing today was great fun, and I'm sure the broadcasts themselves are going to be excellent.

M.
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Radio 4

Post by VML »

I'm afraid they don't usually include the music from the Daily Service in the archived programmes on the Radio 4 web site. "For contractual reasons" it says somewhere.

So they don't, - how silly, when you can hear so much rubbish again! :?
I will rush back from Mass and listen live.