Pius X

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Pius X

Post by presbyter »

Tomorrow (today?) is the memoria/feast (depending where you are) of Pope Saint Pius X (first on the left if you visit St Peter's Basilica). Does anyone know who actually wrote "Among the concerns..." - the motu proprio of 1903? Yes, yes - I know it was "Fr Sing-the-Mass" - but who was he?
Canonico

Re: Pius X

Post by Canonico »

presbyter wrote:Does anyone know who actually wrote "Among the concerns..." - the motu proprio of 1903? Yes, yes - I know it was "Fr Sing-the-Mass" - but who was he?

The possible hidden author was one Angelo dei Santi SJ(perhaps a nom de plume of Pope Pius X himself when he was Patriarch of Venice). A document from the Pope's time as Patriarch of Venice mentions the phrase 'active participation' which is used in a Papal document for the first time in the Motu Proprio Tra Le Solicitudini ("Among the concerns...") - 22nd Nov., 1903. Is this what you are referring to, Presbyter?
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

Yes - i need my copy of Haybourne - but it's packed away for transport to pastures new - thanks