Kent Liturgical Music Day - Ashford

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

kerrezza
Parish / Diocese: Southwark

Kent Liturgical Music Day - Ashford

Post by kerrezza »

The details of this came with the Diocesan planner in September but I remembered this evening that some of you in Kent did not get to hear about the last one so I'm posting details here.

Music day led by Mag Shepherd at St. Teresa of Avila Church, Maidstone Road, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8TX on Saturday 24th November 2012 commencing 10.30am. Open to all this workshop is a response to requests for musical support to the Parishes and Deaneries of Kent. The workshop will look at a range if issues: criteria in planning music for the liturgical year; the revised order - one year on and have we managed to adapt; a chance to extend the repertoire, to reflect on our own ministry, and pick up ideas on how to support and develop the sung prayer of the church. Fee £6 per adult, £3 per child. Contact Nick Pointer, Chairperson of Southwark Diocesan Music Committee (nicholas.pointer@btinternet.com) for booking form.
Hare
Parish / Diocese: Angouleme Diocese, France.

Re: Kent Liturgical Music Day - Ashford

Post by Hare »

kerrezza wrote:The details of this came with the Diocesan planner in September but I remembered this evening that some of you in Kent did not get to hear about the last one so I'm posting details here.

Music day led by Mag Shepherd at St. Teresa of Avila Church, Maidstone Road, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8TX on Saturday 24th November 2012 commencing 10.30am. Open to all this workshop is a response to requests for musical support to the Parishes and Deaneries of Kent. The workshop will look at a range if issues: criteria in planning music for the liturgical year; the revised order - one year on and have we managed to adapt; a chance to extend the repertoire, to reflect on our own ministry, and pick up ideas on how to support and develop the sung prayer of the church. Fee £6 per adult, £3 per child. Contact Nick Pointer, Chairperson of Southwark Diocesan Music Committee (nicholas.pointer@btinternet.com) for booking form.

Thanks for posting this - I heard nothing of the previous event (Can't remember the last time the Planner was passed on to me........ :? ) What time does it end please?
helen rees
Parish / Diocese: southwark

Post by helen rees »

Hare - The planners are now being sent out by email if you contact Nick on the address above I am sure he will add you to the list. The events normally finish around 4pm
Hare

Post by Hare »

helen rees wrote:Hare - The planners are now being sent out by email if you contact Nick on the address above I am sure he will add you to the list. The events normally finish around 4pm

Ah - that explains it. I presume this was notified in some way, but I must have missed it!!
Hare

Post by Hare »

helen rees wrote:Hare - The planners are now being sent out by email if you contact Nick on the address above I am sure he will add you to the list. The events normally finish around 4pm

Thanks - won't be able to stay til the end though as I have a 6pm mass to play for.
Hare

Post by Hare »

HELP!

I am being dense....I apparently have a PM waiting but my inbox is full - how do I empty it please?? If anyone is waiting for a PM reply from me, this may be why!!!
musicus

Post by musicus »

Hare wrote:HELP!
I am being dense....I apparently have a PM waiting but my inbox is full - how do I empty it please?? If anyone is waiting for a PM reply from me, this may be why!!!

You're not being dense, Hare: the software that drives this forum isn't particularly user-friendly.
You have two options: you can either delete some or all of the messages in your PM Inbox, or you can archive them by moving them to the PM Saved Messages box. Either way, just tick the little box to the right of the message(s) you want to move or delete, then select the appropriate action from the pop-up menu (a little way down the page) and then click 'GO'. If memory serves, I think you will then be asked to confirm your choice.

I hope this works for you.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Hare

Post by Hare »

musicus wrote:
Hare wrote:HELP!

You're not being dense, Hare: the software that drives this forum isn't particularly user-friendly.
You have two options: you can either delete some or all of the messages in your PM Inbox, or you can archive them by moving them to the PM Saved Messages box. Either way, just tick the little box to the right of the message(s) you want to move or delete, then select the appropriate action from the pop-up menu (a little way down the page) and then click 'GO'. If memory serves, I think you will then be asked to confirm your choice.

I hope this works for you.

Thank you. I worked out the tick-in-the-box bit, but couldn't find the drop-down menu, let alone the delete option! :roll:
musicus

Post by musicus »

Hare wrote:Thank you. I worked out the tick-in-the-box bit, but couldn't find the drop-down menu, let alone the delete option! :roll:

Find the box which includes the words "Mark/Unmark as important" and select the up/down arrows just to the right of those words to choose other options from this drop-down menu (including "Delete"). Then click the "GO" word. That's it!
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog