Problem musicians

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Canonico

Post by Canonico »

presbyter wrote: the two ought to strive to be true collaborators IMHO.

I can think of one or two churches where the MD has total control over what is sung and the result - IMHBCO -

This may be an 'Emperor's new clothes' question, but what, pray, do IMHO and IMHBCO mean please?

By the way, I think the words 'communication' and 'collaboration' are the keys to everything written about in this string. It is rarely perfect and often not easy, but even a little communication and collaboration in the correct spirit can work wonders. Why not try a non-threathing social occasion together without anyone, lay or clerical, standing on their dignity? :wink:
musicus

Post by musicus »

Thanks, Vox. No apology necessary really - it's just that this topic seemed to be skating on some rather thin ice. And since at least some of the particpants apparently know each other in RL, perhaps here isn't the best place to address their difficulties.

On reflection, I propose to lock this thread now. If anyone objects, please PM me and I will reconsider.

By all means take up any general, non-personal, issues in a new thread, everyone.

Musicus
Last edited by musicus on Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
musicus

Post by musicus »

Canonico wrote:This may be an 'Emperor's new clothes' question, but what, pray, do IMHO and IMHBCO mean please?

IMHO = in my humble opinion

IMHBCO - in my humble (but correct) opinion

:lol:

M