What I did on my holidays

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Dot

Post by Dot »

I would like to keep this open for a while before awarding the "most ludicrous" prize, as the humour is superb. So far, it has to be destined for Vox A, who will receive an honourary place on the Call My Bluff team at the 2005 Summer School. (If you're not familiar with Call My Bluff in the US of A, I can fill you in on the aim of this renowned British panel game, which has slightly simpler rules than Morning Prayer Crescent).

dot
Vox Americana

Post by Vox Americana »

:oops: Why thank-you ma'm!

I'd need to share it with Tsume Tsuyu. Very clever rescripting of the last two lines. :lol:
Dot

Post by Dot »

Dear Vox A,

How do you know that Ma'm is female? Don't believe everything you read.

Dot is an acronym for Dowdy Old Technophobe which reflects my scepticism at joining the forum initially and adopting a pseudonym (so hip). As such, it is androgynous. The lack of avatar also reflects a hatred of having photographs taken, though if I looked as good as you in a national flag I'm sure you'd see me there in my Union Jack underpants!

Dot

P.S. Nice to see that Canonico mistook me for bach - is that js or cpe? Actually I'm not too hot at counterpoint. Your prize is about to be typed, dear!
Vox Americana

Post by Vox Americana »

Dot wrote:How do you know that Ma'm is female?

Now you mention it, I sure don't. Maybe I was influenced by Sunday's Feast - too many Assumptions... Anyhow, I'm might glad to make your acquaintance, m or f.

BTW, it's not JS or CPE but PDQ Bach... :wink: