Laudate Supplement

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

JW

Laudate Supplement

Post by JW »

From posts elsewhere, some members of this forum clearly have sight of a music copy of the Laudate Supplement. I've just gone on to their website to order a copy for myself - to review with thoughts of purchasing for the church. However, the price of £1.50 suggests that this a 'words only' or 'words and melody line'. Where are you getting the music version from, or is it a closely guarded secret?
JW
Nick Baty
Parish / Diocese: Formerly Our Lady Immaculate, Everton, Liverpool

Re: Laudate Supplement

Post by Nick Baty »

The supplement's only recently approved. The pew edition is on the way and, yes, contains melody line. The full music and melody/guitar supplements are also in production. Some of what's in the supplement is available elsewhere: Jones's Coventry Gloria, Smith's Pershore Mass, Walker's New Celtic Liturgy. Have attached the supplement contents list.

McCrimmons is also busy producing a supplement to Celebration For Everyone, containing settings of the new translation. More details here.Have attached contents list for this too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eastern Promise
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by Eastern Promise »

Business as usual. Phew! Thank Gaia for that.
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

JW wrote:However, the price of £1.50 suggests that this a 'words only' or 'words and melody line'. Where are you getting the music version from, or is it a closely guarded secret?

It is indeed the pew edition - words and melody - that I have seen - and only because I was asked to help proof read some of it....... during which process I locked on to a textual blunder that the publisher, the panel, and even ICEL had not spotted. A little amusing, as by the time I noticed this, ICEL had issued a contract.