Summer School

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

SOP
Parish / Diocese: Salford

Re: Summer School

Post by SOP »

Oh no, another thread that has gone off topic.

Keep on about Summer School - I thoroughly enjoyed it this year and was surprised by some of the comments at the closing plenary session so would like to hear more from some of those who were underwhelmed by this year's school.

We all go with our own agendas and I think mine this year was to relax in a safe environment with good people around - which is exactly what I managed to do. I thought I would have more time to explore the local area but that didn't quite go to plan however the heat for the first few days put me off walking too far anyway.

Any comments from others who were there?
musicus

Post by musicus »

Quite so, SOP.

Back to the topic, please, everyone.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Eastern Promise
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by Eastern Promise »

"those who were underwhelmed by this year's school."

What on earth could they have to complain about? I think we should be told. Is anyone brazen enough to express their misgivings here?
Anne
Parish / Diocese: westminster

Post by Anne »

I didn't pick up anyone being 'underwhelmed' by this years Summer School. I thought the feed back on the last day was very positive. I did question the choice of one song we sang because I have problems with some of its words, but besides that, the rest of the week was wonderful, I learnt a lot, and laughed a lot, and met lots of inspiring people, and I have come away feeling more hopeful and positive about the new translation.... Thanks to everyone who made it a great week
SOP
Parish / Diocese: Salford

Post by SOP »

I was in Alan Griffith's workshop and feel so much more positive about the changes.

Last year I really got into the new responses, this year I felt I was mostly saying "and also . withyour spirit".

Eastern Promise, which workshops/seminars did you enjoy? Tell us more.
Eastern Promise
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by Eastern Promise »

I enjoyed them all SOP. Isn't it wonderful that the new translation means we can all go on doing what we do regardless?
musicus

Post by musicus »

SOP wrote:Any comments from others who were there?
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
HallamPhil
Parish / Diocese: St Lawrence Diocese of St Petersburg

Post by HallamPhil »

I was grateful for Anne's remarks about the use of 'Lord of the Dance' ... I had been aware of the outcry when it was first published, borne from a disbelief that the Lord would be so human as to dance. Anne's comments borne from a close encounter with the reality of fellowship between rivals in the Middle East was new to me.