balance of output

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Calum Cille
Parish / Diocese: Earra-Ghaidheal s na h-Eileanan - Argyll and the Isles

balance of output

Post by Calum Cille »

Being relatively new to this forum, I would be very interested to learn about the output of the members who compose music, specifically the weight of output towards mass settings, hymns, proper and so on, particularly in light of the English translation of the new missal. Would any other composing members be willing to comment?
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Re: balance of output

Post by presbyter »

Well, I'm on my third setting of the new Glory to God now ... and the other two have passed the panel and found a publisher.
Mithras
Parish / Diocese: St Peter Cardiff

Post by Mithras »

Look forward to seeing those Presbyter.

I write quite a lot but just small scale stuff. Psalms, single movements from the Ordinary, a few organ pieces. One of my pieces received a favourable reception lat year at Summer School. Most for the choir but with an eye to the congregation, though I did write a choir-only setting of the Reproaches which has become fixed in the St P----'s Good Friday music list.

All derivative of course. Alan Rees once remarked with characteristic cheeky humour that one piece of mine that I showed him would not have any copyright problems as most of it was in the public domain already!

M
Last edited by Mithras on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
musicus

Post by musicus »

Ouch! :D
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Nick Baty
Parish / Diocese: Formerly Our Lady Immaculate, Everton, Liverpool

Post by Nick Baty »

Three sets of acclamations and two Glorias have been OK'd by The Panel and have been cleared by ICEL. Three more sets of acclamations go before The Panel at their meeting on Wednesday and the last two of the present bunch will be presented in May. How many (if any) I actually publish will depend on how they're received locally.
alan29

Post by alan29 »

I do the responsorial psalms weekly. I used to have the complete 3 year cycle on the PC until number one son decided to tinker with it in order to "speed up windows." :x
Of the new stuff, I have done one Mass setting with all the bits (but not all the varieties of penitential rite.) And am fiddling with my 3rd Gloria, which is to called Gloria 3 - no shortage of imagination at Le Manoir d'Alan.
Still pondering t'committee.....Kafka anyone?