Glory to God

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Coventry Gloria

Post by docmattc »

Its not over used in our parish (we haven't used in in the 4 years I've been playing there) but has been done I'm told in the past and I plan to use it for Christmastide this year. I have a young trumpeter who is quite good and as brass parts have been alluded to on this topic, can anyone supply me with a trumpet part?
Merseysider

Post by Merseysider »

This thread is becoming complicated. A trumpet part for what?
M
docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by docmattc »

sorry should have been clearer, a trumpet part for the Coventry Gloria
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Parts for Brass Quartet and Timpani (i.e. use Trumpet I) can be found in collection 'We are your people' and in Octavo - Glory to God (7110) (there are two editions this one has parts and score).

They should be available from Decani Music - 0845 456 8392

Gabriel
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Re: Coventry Gloria

Post by presbyter »

docmattc wrote: I have a young trumpeter who is quite good.....

I hope he is - there's a top B to aim for
Merseysider

Post by Merseysider »

Or borrow a D trumpet (sweeter sound) and transpose the part down a minor third. Well, that's what we did recently when using solo trumpet.

Have also used this with brass quartet (Chris Walker arr) and it was pretty damned wonderful.

We're doing Coventry Gloria at a Golden Jubilee Mass in a couple of weeks – we'll be accompanied by piano and strings with the organ replacing the brass. Piano and organ can make a wonderful sound together. Just hoping we can get round the time lag.