Cameo roles

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Re: Cameo roles

Post by VML »

Sorry, I was reading both copies side by side. :D And I hate PC language that makes the singing of it so clumsy. :?
Keraulophon
Parish / Diocese: Southwark - Kent

Post by Keraulophon »

The situation of double-booking duties has been significantly improved in my parish over the course of the past 18 months. The eight people who organise rotas for welcoming, reading and special-ministering at the three weekend Masses now produce these on a quarterly basis, several weeks in advance. Before they are distributed, a (foolish!) volunteer then enters the allocated tasks on a spreadsheet and eliminates any clashes (also bearing in mind the usual pattern of choir engagements). In addition, the PP has stressed that both good liturgical practice and common politeness require individuals to organise swaps or alternative cover when they are unable to turn up. (Or at least, inform organisers in advance of pending absences.) The scheme has taken over a year to settle down and has not eliminated all the overlaps, but it has improved matters.

In addition, all readers know that they are supposed to check what music may be involved in the Liturgy of the Word before Mass begins ... ... some of them actually remember to do this - and, from those who do not remember, there are usually apologies after Mass , if they have started to speak when singing begins or have failed to ask the congregation to join in a sung response.
alan29

Post by alan29 »

Yes, we have rotas for ministers, readers and psalmists too. They arrange their own swaps if they are double-booked. We don't have a choir, just a small (all male) music group and a singing congregation, so we don't get that communion problem.
musicus

Post by musicus »

Welcome to the forum, Keraulophon. (I know you registered a while ago, but this is your first post.)
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog