baptized with fire

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

Mithras
Parish / Diocese: St Peter Cardiff

baptized with fire

Post by Mithras »

I got a copy of the CD and book at summer school - lots of good material therein. If I needed to use some how would I go about reproducing stuff as I understand that only a few copies remain? Is is covered by Calumnus or similar?

M
docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Re: baptized with fire

Post by docmattc »

When I reproduced a piece I asked the composer for permission. I'll try and get a definitive answer for you Mithras. Its not covered under Calamus to the best of my knowledge.
docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by docmattc »

I've just got my copy off the shelf. Have a look at page 2, facing the table of contents .
Alan
Parish / Diocese: Holy Redeemer Pershore [Birmingham Archdiocese]

Post by Alan »

That's right, permission is given for refrains, responses and the like. Please note that this permission does not extend to copying entire pieces. We reckoned that musical directors, organists, cantors and choir members would each need their own copies of the book.

If the time comes (if it has not already done so) when there are no more copies to be had - or if you want permission to reprint single pieces from the book - you could contact the composer directly or PM me and I will try to help. Last year, for example, a forum member negotiated with me for a licence to reprint one of my pieces in BWF.

The fact that a book is out of print does not confer the right to copy copyright material (including the graphical copyright for the book itself). However, most publishers are usually willing to help if you ask.

Alan Smith